Mexico City, Mexico, June 5, 2016 - Algeria have already lost their chances to qualify for Rio, but Chile will be looking to win their last FIVB Volleyball Men's World Olympic Qualification Tournament game by as wide a margin as possible to get as great a probability as possible to book a ticket to the games.
• Algeria and Chile met once at a world level tournament. At the 1991 World Cup, Algeria beat Chile in five sets.
• Chile also lost their other match against an African side at the 1991 World Cup, 3-0 against Tunisia.
• Algeria lost their last World Olympic Qualification match against a South American team (3-0 in 2008).
• Algeria can no longer qualify for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games after two defeats at the World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• They now have a W4-L3 record in competitive matches in 2016, with their four wins coming at the African Olympic Qualification tournament in January.
• Akram Dekkiche is Algeria's top scorer in Mexico with 25 points.
• Chile have never before qualified for the Olympic Games.
• They can make it three wins in their last four competitive matches if they beat Algeria.
• Chile beat Tunisia, the other African opponent at the Mexico World Olympic Qualification tournament, by a 3-0 score.
• Vicente Parraguirre is Chile's top scorer in Mexico with 29 points, ahead of his brother Tomas Parraguirre with 26 points.